The Parenting Support Workshop helps you experience practical parenting skills that strengthen your relationship with the children in your life.
Most parents and caregivers have similar goals for the kids in their care: to see them grow up into individuals who show self-discipline, cooperation, problem-solving skills, and resiliency. How adults can help the children in their lives develop these skills and character traits is the heart behind Hilary’s brilliant workshop.
Parenting Support Workshops are different from other parenting workshops because they create an immediate environment where caregivers and parents can “learn by doing”. No lectures at this workshop! Parents and caregivers have an opportunity to see, feel and think about their current approaches to parenting and can also try new skills through interactive discussions and activities.
During the Parenting Support Workshop you will learn:
- how to reduce power struggles while creating an environment of cooperation and mutual respect
- ways to use kindness and firmness to teach rather than punish
- how to raise children that are responsible, respectful and resourceful
- the motive behind a child’s misbehavior and effective tools and solutions to reduce misbehaviour
Our Parenting Support Workshops teach valuable social and life skills without using punishment, rewards, praise, or permissiveness. Learn how to shape your child’s beliefs and behaviours in a way that:
- is kind and firm
- creates connection before correction
- is empowering and encouraging
- helps children to believe in their own capability, and
- keeps the joy in parenting
Develop a fresh mindset about your role as a parent or caregiver, and regain a sense of hopefulness as you lead children to THRIVE!
The workshops are based on Positive Discipline which was developed from the work of Alfred Adler (1870-1937) and Rudolph Dreikurs (1897-1972) – both Austrian psychiatrists. Positive Discipline and its experiential workshops came about in the 1980s through the work of two women: Dr Jane Nelson and Lynn Lott.
- Workshops require between 5-10 participants
- Presented in 1.5 – 2 hour sessions depending on session dates
- Flexible session times are available including weekday evenings for 6-8 weeks, weekends, and full and half day workshops
Facilitated by: Hilary Diouf – BA Social Care – certified Positive Discipline parent educator
Price: The price of the workshop includes positive discipline tool handouts. $100
Are you ready for our Next session of Positive Discipline?
- You can gather a group of 5-10 friends and organize a Parent Support workshop for raising children!
- Are you a community group, organization, church or child care facility wanting to equip and empower your parents and caregivers? Contact our office for pricing details and dates.
Call (519) 886-8577 or