What Is Financial Coaching?
Financial coaching is not just good teaching on financial principles or theories. Instead, it is practical support that teaches you how to manage your personal finances and get out of debt. You will learn how to create informed financial goals, and gain the practical skills you need to put your financial plan into action!
At By Peaceful Waters, you will receive coaching that is client-centered and intensely practical. This support can include:
- Accurately assessing your current financial status
- Setting financial goals
- Help/advocacy calling financial institutions
- Reassessing current expenses and investments
- Financial hacks that will save you money
- Setting up bank accounts
- Transferring utilities to your name
- Reviewing/arranging for insurance coverage
- Establishing credit
- Negotiating lower interest loans/credit cards
- Re-titling your assets
Who Can Benefit from Financial Coaching?
Financial matters can be confusing and lead to stress, anxiety, conflict in your relationships, and even health issues. That is why we help people with all different financial circumstances discover how to understand and manage their finances in a healthy way.
We serve people who are:
- Ovewhelmed with debt
- Separated, divorced or widowed
- Inexeperienced in managing their finances
- Recently unemployed
- Returning to the workforce
- Students wanting to minimize their debt-load while pursuing education
- Seniors feeling intimidated by online banking and finances
What about the Cost?
Many people feel stuck because they cannot afford the services they need to deal with their financial challenges. However, our Financial Coaching services are often covered under extended health insurance plans, Employee Assistance Plans and student benefits. This is because our Financial Counsellor is a Registered Social Worker with an MSW, the designation required for insurance benefits.
We also utilize a variety of free resources and tools to keep costs low while working one-on-one to personalize your goals and counselling path.
Meet our FInancial Coach
MSW, RVP, RRP
I am a registered Social Worker with 20 years of experience in the disability insurance sector and 10 years of management experience.
I understand how overwhelming it can be to face a stack of financial papers, wondering where to start. What I offer is the practical, hands-on help and can help you break tasks down into simple, manageable steps. My coaching combines teaching, goal setting, and practical steps to help you manage your day-to-day finances and meet your long-term